Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday [5]: The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming books we are looking forward to being released!

This week pick is:


by Joelle Charbonneau
Expected Pub. Date: June 4th, 2013

Premise   
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Isn’t that what they say? But how close is too close when they may be one in the same?

The Seven Stages War left much of the planet a charred wasteland. The future belongs to the next generation’s chosen few who must rebuild it. But to enter this elite group, candidates must first pass The Testing—their one chance at a college education and a rewarding career.

Cia Vale is honored to be chosen as a Testing candidate; eager to prove her worthiness as a University student and future leader of the United Commonwealth. But on the eve of her departure, her father’s advice hints at a darker side to her upcoming studies--trust no one.

But surely she can trust Tomas, her handsome childhood friend who offers an alliance? Tomas, who seems to care more about her with the passing of every grueling (and deadly) day of the Testing. To survive, Cia must choose: love without truth or life without trust.




View our videos on YouTube Check out the book trailer 
Like us on Facebook Visit the Facebook page 
Follow us on Twitter Tweet about #TheTesting  










Why am I waiting? 

Actually I already got a copy of this one from NetGalley, so I'm just waiting for the right time to read it. I loved the premise and when I got the invitation for this title I couldn't say no. I'm really looking forward to read it! Sounds pretty exciting, sort of like The Maze Runner ft. The Hunger Games or something like that? Can't wait!







What do you think about this one?






  I'd love to read your thoughts. 

Speak your mind in the comment section below. 

If you follow me, I'll follow you back, just let me know in your comment.



 Love,




4 comments:

  1. Waiting on this as well. Really enjoyed the prequel and the snippet of this I've read. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I'm really looking forward to it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I want to read this, too. I got the invite, but didn't realize I wouldn't be able to send it to my Kindle. So I'll probably wait until it's released. It's getting some good reviews. Hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaah, I would have prefered to read it on my Kindle too, but I couldn't let the opportunity to slip by. So, I'll be reading it on my computer.
      Thanks for stopping by ;(

      Delete