Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [6]: As She Left It by Catriona McPherson

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming books we are looking forward to being released!

This week pick is:


by Catriona McPherson
Expected Pub. Date: June 8th, 2013

Premise   
When she was twelve years old, Opal Jones escaped her mother's endless drinking. Now, returning to their small Leeds cottage after her mum's death, Opal feels like she's gone back in time. Nosey Mrs. Pickess is still polishing her windows to a sparkle. Fishbo, Opal's ancient music teacher, still plays trumpet with his band. And much to Opal's delight, her favorite neighbor, Margaret Reid, still keeps an eye on things from the walk in front of her house.

But a tragedy has struck Mote Street. Margaret's grandson, Craig, disappeared some ten years ago, and every day he's not found, shame and sorrow settle deeper into the neighborhood's forgotten corners. As the door she closed on her own dark past begins to open, Opal uncovers more secrets than she can bear about the people who were once her friends.






Why am I waiting? 

Actually, I just noticed that I got approved to access this title on NetGalley, so I'm just waiting for a moment of peace so I can get to this book (collage won't leave me alone, I swear!). The premise is really interesting, the cover is pretty intriguing and it's a genre I haven't read that much in the last couple of years, so I'm definitely looking forward to give it a try. 




What do you think about this one?






  I'd love to read your thoughts. 

Speak your mind in the comment section below. 

If you follow me, I'll follow you back, just let me know in your comment.



 Love,




8 comments:

  1. This one does look very tempting...enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it grabbed my attention instantly!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the synopsis of this one, and the cover is cool too. New follower!

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the cover! It's super intriguing!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is the first that I've heard of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of it before either... But when I saw it on NetGalley I couldn't resist it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The cover and the plot line do intrigue me to take a closer look. I haven't seen this one around. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-witch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounded interesting and the cover caught my atention right away... It's seems that not many people have heard of this one!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete