Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
(in no particular order)
I haven't read most of the book listed below, but they are on my shelf waiting for me to read them since ages, because I just HAD to buy them when I saw them.
1. Mythology: I'd buy any fiction book about mythology specially Greek, I just can't help it! I see those words on the description and I'm in. Examples:
2. Bad Boys: I just love tough guys. They make everything much more interesting, I can't resist them! So when I read a book description or a review that says "The male main character is sort of a bad boy/troubled guy/tough guy" I just have to pick it up. Examples:
3. Teenage Contemporary-Romance: I love reading about first loves and teenage crushs... I just can help it when I see a book from this genre that sounds remotely interesting, I pick it up. Examples:
4. School/Academy/Bording School: I absolutely love when the world settings revolve around a school or academy, specially when it's a boarding school. I can't resist those books. Examples:
5. Dystopia: Ever since I read The Hunger Games I've developed a weakness for dystopias. I see one and I just pick it up, no question asked. Although I'm getting more picky since I've been disappointed a lot by this kind of book receintly. Examples:
6. Magic: Since the first Harry Potter book I read, I look up everything that has to do with magic. I may not instantly buy every single one of them, but if it has a good premise, I'm likely to buy it. Examples:
7. Road Trip: I love this kind of book. They are always so much fun to read. I'm a little more picky about them, but I own a few and I'm really excited about reading them all.
8. Big Cities: I'd love to have the money to actually travel around the world and see all those big cities and wonders, but reading about them is the next best thing, so I love this kind of books. Examples:
9. Lists: Oh, God! I'm a list addict. This is probably one of my worst insta-buys. I see the word "list" or something that sounds like a list (with numbers and all) and I'm sold. I'm physically unable to keep walking and not buying the book. Examples:
10. Music: I love music most than anything else in the world, it's what drives my entire life and I can't think of a better mix than music AND book. So this is a MUST for me.
What about yours? I'd love to know!
Leave a comment below.