Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teaser Tueday [10]: Cocktail Hour by Tara McTiernan


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1.- Grab your current read
2.- Open to a random page
3.- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4.- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5.- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser


"Molly laughed lightly. "Go ahead, call me names. But sign on the dotted line," she said, nodding at the document still in front of Lucie. "Because, if you don't, I'll make sure you'll never work again in the tri-state area. You won't be able to get a job scrubbing toilets. I will work my network like it's never been worked before. That's a promise."

~at 44% on my Kindle, Cocktail Hour by Tara McTiernan.





 What do you think about my teaser?
What about yours? I would love to read it.
Leave me your answers in the comment section below.
If you're following me, tell me so in a comment, so I can follow you back :) 




Love,
 

20 comments:

  1. That's an interesting tease. I'm curious to know what's on the document.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that teaser because it leaves a lot of room for guessing...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Well.. I am kinda curious to see what brought that about!

    Tabby @ Insightful Minds Reviews
    -- Check out my Teaser Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! I loved it when a teaser intrigues you and leaves you trying to figure out what's everything about...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Why does it sounds like someone is about to sign her life away? Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sounds like that, doesn't it? I guess you'll have to read it to find out ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, she seems kind of a bitch, doesn't she?
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. oohh, that's a pretty fierce stance, sounds like a good read! Thanks for sharing your teaser and for stopping by Book Savvy Babe today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book, I'm really enjoying it so far!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I wonder what the document is all about.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I liked about this little excerpt... It really makes you wonder.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. That is an awesome teaser! Sounds like a good book, will check it out.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's a pretty good read! Make sure to check it out :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like she's got her by the short curlies!!! Awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it doesn't sounds good for Lucie...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. This looks like a good one. I'm going to look into this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read. You should check it out :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. New follower, hopping in to say hi (a little late - it's almost Tuesday again!). I detect a bit of a threat there, in your teaser. Here's my Teaser Tuesday for 5/21.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there :) If that isn't a threat I don't know what is.
      Thanks for stopping by and following. I'll follow back.


      Delete