Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [7]: Ink by Amanda Sun


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming books we are looking forward to being released!

This week pick is:


Ink
by Amanda Sun
Expected Pub. Date: June 25th, 2013
Harlequin Teen

Premise   
I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.


On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.






Why am I waiting? 

When I first saw this book, the cover instantly caught my attention, because it's so pretty! Then I read the premise and OMG! It sounds so good! I've never read a book set in the Asian continent but I've always been intrigued by its culture, so this could be the perfect book for me! I can't wait... I'm dying to read it!




What do you think about this one?






  I'd love to read your thoughts. 

Speak your mind in the comment section below. 

If you follow me, I'll follow you back, just let me know in your comment.



 Love,




11 comments:

  1. I loved Ink. Japan is my guilty pleasure and just reading about the place made me want to be there even more.

    Courtney Ann @ Rondo of a Possible World
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked it? Great! I'm really excited about this one! I've read great things about it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this either. Just this week I was approved for it on NetGalley (psst - you should request it!) so I'll definitely be reading it soon.

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I requested it yesterday and got approved too! I have to read it soon :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Amazing pick! I got lucky and got this one as an ARC :) SO EXCITED! I hope you enjoy it!

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it yesterday on Netgalley, I'm so excited!
      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for this one, too. I'm excited for something set in Asia and the premise of the moving pictures sounds awesome. Great pick!
    New follower via GFC. I'd love it if you'd follow back.
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought exactly the same when I read the premise! It just sounds really amazing and fresh! Can't wait :)
      Thanks for stopping by, I'm following back!

      Delete
  5. Not really looking forward to reading this one but I absolutely love the cover. I do hope you enjoy reading it though!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is beatiful and really eye-catching :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I've been told it is really good, so I'll be reading it pretty soon :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete