Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [22]: Ten Book-to-Movie Adaptations I Still Need to Watch


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.


This week I'm listing book-to-movie adaptations I haven't watched yet, either because I haven't read the book (which is like one of my pet peeves -I mean watching the movie before reading the book) or because I just haven't been in the mood and I think one that hasn't been released yet, so obviously I haven't watched it. The thing about me is that I don't usually watch all that many movies... I rather watch TV series or just read a book, to be honest, so there are probably way too many movie adaptations that pretty much everyone has watched at this point except for me. But anyway, having said that, here we go!


1) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: Ok, yes, shame on me, I haven't read the book yet, so I haven't watched the movie either. It's just that every time I think about it, I get the sense that it's just way too sad and I don't want to be sad, so I'm avoiding it.





2) Paper Towns by John Green: I didn't like the book all that much so I didn't feel in any hurry to go watch the movie when it came out. I think I'll probably watch it one of these days when I'm bored, but then again, when I'm bored I much rather read a book, so we'll see.





3) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: I haven't read the book and I don't know if I will. I get anxiety every time I even think about picking up classics like this one, so I have to be in a really particular mood before going into it. For now I'm still holding out hope that I'll read the book before watching the movie, but I might end up watching the film with or without previously reading the book.





4) The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick: I watched like 20 minutes of the movie and then realized it was a book and stopped so I could read the book first... but then I forgot about it and never read the book or watched the movie. I might do it soon though because I love J-Law and that might be incentive enough to read the freaking book already so I can watch the movie without feeling dirty. 





5) The Giver by Lois Lowry: This is one of those classic that I now I HAVE to read at some point, at least the first book and I intend to, so I'm still waiting for that moment to watch the movie. 





6) The Host by Stephanie Meyer: The book is so freaking long that it puts me off every time I pick it up. I don't know if I'll read it, but I'm still holding out hope... So here we are again... waiting... not watching the movie...





7) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: The book was ridiculously popular and I never got the excitement. I don't think I own a copy of the book or maybe I lend it out. I don't know if I'll ever actually read the book, but I might watch the movie if my friends press me hard enough.






8) The Scorch Trials by James Dashner: The book was really confusing and I kind of lost interest in the series, but Dylan O'Brian might change my mind. When Teen Wolf starts back again, I'm sure I'll be feeling like I need more of him in my life and I'll end up watching the movie anyway.






9) Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan: I've wanted to read this one for so long! But I can't seem to find it on any of my local bookstores, and whenever I'm shopping online I completely forget about it... I may have to make a point of buying it online once and for all so I can finally read it and watch the movie.





10) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: Of course, the movie isn't out yet but also I still haven't read the book. I'm hoping I'll get to it before the movie actually comes out so I can go and watch it while they're still showing it at my local cinema. 






What's on your Top Ten this week? Have you read or watched any of the books/movies on my list? Let me know in the comment section below!


Love,

3 comments:

  1. Great choices! The only one I didn't care for was Paper Towns the book, so I haven't seen the movie yet. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. the book was just okay and that's the reason why I haven't watched the movie yet.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief is a really beautiful book and movie, you should definitely read/watch!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete