Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List
1) The Story of Us by Deb Caletti: I’ve never read a book by this author before but I keep hearing great things about her writing style, so I think it’s time to give it a try.
2) Random Acts of Crazy by Julia Kent: Yey for New Adult genre! I’m not really sure about this one, I’ve heard good and bad things about it, but I’m still willing to risk it.
3) Breathe (Breathe #1) by Sarah Crossan: I was so excited when this book came out last year but then I bought it and never had the time to read it. I hope it’s good because it’s the only dystopia that’s making it to this list.
4) Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: Yeah, I know, I know, I should’ve read this already and you guys won’t shut up about it, so I’m reading it! I hope it won’t crush my expectations… Please?
5) The King of Torts by John Grisham: Well… yeah… I’m a law student. So when I was feeling really lawyer-ish I bought a bunch of Josh Grisham books but never read them. They’ve been sitting on my shelf for more than 3 years now, so I’m including this one on my list because then I won’t have to feel guilty about it… Shame on me, I know…
6) Nine Uses For An Ex-Boyfriend by Sarra Manning: I’m reading this one out of guilt too. You see… I’m a sucker for list and stuff like that, so when I saw this title I couldn’t resist it. I had to buy it, I swear! Besides the description make it sound like a really fun read. But then I wasn’t in the mood for chick-lit, and then I was too busy to read and… it’s been sitting on my shelf for a year, so now is the time!
7) I Heart You, You Hunt Me by Lisa Schroeder: I’m trying to include a little bit of everything here, so I thought a paranormal read would be in order. I chose this one because it’s kind of different. It’s written like a poem of some sorts and I’m really curious about it.
8) Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse: I know I already include a book similar to this one (number 2 on the list) but I’m a sucker for rockstars… so, sue me! I’m reading it anyway.
9) North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley: I’ve seen at least 3 books with the same girl on the cover and that made me curious. I like the premise of this one, so I’m giving it a try.
10) The Rules for Disappearing (The Rules for Disappearing #1) by Ashley Elston: I’ve been obsessed with this book since my request to access the title on NetGalley got declined because Disney-Hyperion hates me… just kidding (sort of). So I bought it and now I’m going to find out what it is about.