Monday, December 10, 2012

Musing Mondays [3]


MUSING MONDAYS is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you can answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week's musing asks: What was the last book you could not finish and why?

My answer:

First of all, I have to say I'm not the kind of reader that give up on a book, like EVER. Even when I'm bored as hell reading a book and I'm not liking it at all, I just keep reading until my eyes bleed. I think it's important to read everything so you can make a good critique based on the entire book and not just the first 50 pages that you didn't like. I know there are a lot of great books out there that could be ten times better than the one you're fighting to finish, but I just don't like unfinished business. 
All that said, there is one book, that I haven't been able to finish YET. I don't think this is a bad book, I don't even feel bored while I'm reading it... It could be it's length  (1200 pages) or just that I always pick it up when I'm kind of in a bad mood. The book I'm talking about is The Witching Hour (Lives of Mayfair Witches #1) by Anne Rice. Like I was saying, I don't think it's the book's fault. I just can't keep my attention in something for that long... This one is always going back and forth from by currently-reading shelf to my to-be-read one on Goodreads. 
I still have every intention of reading this entire thing, I just have to find the right timing for it.






I would love to hear your thoughts, leave me a link with your Musing Monday or your answers on the comment section below. 
Have a nice week!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Witching hour yet. I may have to. I have always been an Anne Rice Fan. Vampire Chronicles will always be number one on my Vampire list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked the work of Anne Rice on the Vampire Chronicles, I bet you'll like this series too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I have some like that. New follower. Here is my post:
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone must have one like this. Thanks for stopping by. I'm following back :)

      Delete
  3. Long books are hard to get through. My post here: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/musing-mondays-dec-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sometimes, although I've read a lot of really long books that seems to be as short as ten pages for its fast pace. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete